National Land Administration Specialist
Organizational Setting: Under the overall supervision of the Budget Holder and Lead Technical Officer, a direct supervision of the National Team Leader/Legal Advisor and in close cooperation with the NPC, other national authorities, international experts, national and local consultants, the National Land Administration Specialist will:
Reporting Lines: Lead Technical Officer (LTO), National Team Leader/Legal Advisor and Budget Holder
Technical Focus: land administration, land consolidation, capacity development, re-allotment planning The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is during 2017-2021 implementing the project “Mainstreaming of the National Land Consolidation Programme” (MAINLAND) in cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Economy. The project is funded by the EU with co-financing by FAO.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Actively contribute to the implementation of ongoing land consolidation projects, in particular the re-allotment planning and detailed technical design process and supervise the service providers in Logovardi, Opticari, Spancevo, Sokolarci, Trn, Kozle and Dabjani land consolidation projects with focus on re-allotment planning, zoning, preparation of the land ownership and land mobility maps, land valuation, implementation of the “at least as well off” principle and its statutory limitations, utilization of the state owned land in the re-allotment planning process for the purposes of increasing land mobility and for agricultural infrastructure and staking out process;
- Support the implementation and registration phase in Egri land consolidation project with particular focus on staking out activities and supervise the respective service provider for this activity;
- Contribute technically to development of the project training programme, particularly focused on re-allotment planning and technical design of agricultural infrastructure in consolidation projects from the land administration perspective and participate, with the national and international consultants, in training workshops organized for the Service Providers and MAFWE staff;
- Contribute technically in development and implementation of awareness raising activities including, but not limited to informative events for launching feasibility and re-allotment phases and newsletters for Logovardi, Opticari, Spancevo, Sokolarci, Dabjani, Kozhle and Trn land consolidation areas, as well as other necessary communication materials envisaged under the Yearly Communication Plans;
- Assist in preparing, guiding, supervising and providing technical inputs to the capacity development activities, development of procedures and tools, development of the rural development support measures and setting up of the monitoring and evaluation procedures for the national land consolidation programme;
- Provide support to the service providers, the project team and MAFWE on the application of GIS tools in the land consolidation process;
- Provide technical advice within the context of the Voluntary Guidelines on the Responsible Governance of Tenure of Land, Fisheries and Forests in the Context of National Food Security (VGGT);
- Provide monthly reports on activities done and time spent;
- Carry out other activities within the technical competence as requested by the MAFWE, NPC, international and national FAO team.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- A university degree in geodesy/ land administration or similar relevant field;
- At least 2 years of working experience in the areas related to the land administration;
- Experience in conducting capacity building activities;
- Knowledge and/or experience about land consolidation will be considered as an advantage;
- Proven expertise working in a team environment and in the field with farmers;
- Computer skills, in particular applications of the MS Office package and GIS software;
- Writing and communication skills in Macedonian and English language.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Gender and minorities awareness
Additional Selection Criteria
- Good knowledge of policy, institutional and cross-sector coordination issues related to land administration and land consolidation will be an asset;
- Capacity to manage tasks in a systematic and efficient manner with judgment, analysis, independence and initiative;
- Capacity to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to establish good working relationship and team spirit both inside the Organization and with external partners such as government officers, farmers, service providers and other relevant stakeholders.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing). Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY To apply, please send an e-mail with your CV and cover letter attached to FAO-MK@fao.org using the subject line: “Vacancy- National Land Administration Specialist”. Deadline for submissions is 12:00 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: FAO-MK@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT