National Consultant - Climate Investments for Health
Organizational Setting: Under the overall supervision of the Assistant Director General / Regional Representative, the technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer (LTO) for the project and the Green Climate Fund (GCF) Advisor and operational supervision of the Budget Holder, as well as in close consultation with the National Designated Authority (NDA) - Cabinet of the Deputy Prime Minister of the Government of Republic of North Macedonia in Charge of Economic Affairs and in close liaison with FAO Skopje personnel, the National Consultant - Climate Investments for Health, will conduct sectorial analysis and develop the draft and final climate change project ideas for health sector in the Republic of North Macedonia, as well as participate in consultation process to validate the documents developed.
Reporting Lines Lead Technical Officer (LTO)(REU) and Budget Holder (REU) Technical Focus: Health, climate change, policy analysis, capacity development, coordination and operational assistance based on the knowledge of the local conditions, culture, language and institutions of the country of assignment.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct sector specific documentary review and analysis of policy and strategic framework relevant for the development of climate change project ideas in the health sector.
- Define initial climate change project idea notes based on identified country priorities in the sector compiled during conducted documentary review.
- Perform and participate in consultation process with relevant stakeholders to validate initial and final draft projects ideas in the health sector.
- Based on comments and feedback from the consultations develop a final draft of climate change project ideas for health sector (at least 2 project ideas).
- Develop the Report providing recommendations for the development of additional Project Ideas in the sector.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Required qualifications and experience
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in relevant field, such as, public health, environment, climate change and health impacts, public policy is required;
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience relevant to public health and good knowledge on climate project financing;
- Good understanding of current issues related to climate change and environment in the Republic of North Macedonia;
- Full computer literacy in internet searching and Microsoft Office programs i.e. MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-Power Point. Website management experience is an asset.
- Writing and communication skills in Macedonian;
- Knowledge of English will be an asset.
For more information and to apply, please take a look at the ToR below.