This programme aims to support national institutions in improving the management of the country’s demographic and migration dynamics. It provides support in three key areas: in the development of a forward-looking and evidence-based migration policy, strengthened access to data on migration, and influencing the narrative on migrants and refugees as positive development actors in the society.
The programme will provide a robust support in data collection, through strengthening of the inter-institutionalexchange of data on migration; the development of a Country Migration Profile, Migration Governance Index, introduction of migration module in the Labour Force Survey, and generation of new migration data based on innovative data collection methods, including piloting big data analysis. A strong aspect of the project is its whole-of-society approach, with several ministries, state institutions and civil-society organizations (CSOs) involved in its design and implementation.
The programme is financed by the Start-up Fund for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration; its current top contributors include Denmark, Germany, Norway, Portugal, Sweden and the United Kingdom (UK).
- Implementing partners:
- Ministry of Interior;
- State Statistical Office;
- Ministry of Labor and Social Policy;
- Ministry of Information Society and Public Administration,
- National Bank of the Republic of North Macedonia
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
- Secretariat for European Affairs
- The Migration, Asylum, Refugees Regional Initiative
- Macedonian Young Lawyers Association
- European Policy Institute
- Reactor-Research in Action;
- Local communities
- Investing partners:
- IOM: International Organization for Migration
- UNHCR: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- UNFPA: United Nations Population Fund